To ensure you are kept informed about the services of the agent, the following is a non-exhaustive list of clauses in the Agents’ Code of Conduct. You can report any violation of agent’s code of conduct to the Academy.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of clauses in the Agents’ Code of Conduct:
- Agents are aware of EduTrust requirements, Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) policies and procedures related to International Students and the terms and conditions of study in Stalford Academy. The agent undertakes not to violate any of these laws and regulations.
- The agent shall not collect any fees from the prospective student.
- The agent undertakes to ensure that the recruitment of students is conducted, at all times, in an ethical and responsible manner which is consistent with the requirements of the relevant course or curriculum as defined in materials published by Stalford Academy.
- The agent shall ensure that all the promotional materials and advertisements contain truthful information, and do not include any misleading or malicious comments. All promotional materials and advertisements are to be approved by Stalford Academy before they are publicised.
- The agent agrees to employ appropriately qualified staff, or train all staff to assess the extent to which the applicant must meet the pre-requisites of the course for which they are applying for, based on his or her qualifications and proficiencies.
- The agent undertakes to follow the selection and enrolment procedures of Stalford Academy, and makes available all original applicant documentation to the school upon request.
- The agent agrees to ensure that all applicant information collected as part of the application and enrolment process is securely kept, and that the handling of all applicant information complies with Stalford Academy’s confidentiality and security policy.
- The agent must not contravene or fail to meet any expectation stated in the contract.
- The agent must apply principles of fair trading in recruiting students.
- Agents must not be engaged in any unethical practice such as making claims, warranties, representations or statements which may be false, untrue, ambiguous, misleading, inaccurate or fraudulent.
- Agents must be aware of relevant Singapore laws and regulations of any government agency and do not go against these laws and regulations.
- Agents must apply principles of fair trading when recruiting students and must not engage in high-pressure sales, “bait and switch” advertising or similar unfair practices.
- Agents must not be negligent, careless or incompetent such that they compromise the integrity of Stalford and Singapore’s reputation.
- Agents must follow Stalford Academy’s procedure to clarify any doubt.