The Committee for Private Education (CPE) is part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and has the legislative power to regulate the private education sector. The CPE acts as a regulator for private education institutions upon which they facilitate capability development efforts to uplift standards in the local private education industry. For more information, please visit the CPE’s website.Read more
To ensure you are kept informed about the services of the agent, the following is a non-exhaustive list of clauses in the Agents’ Code of Conduct. You can report any violation of agent’s code of conduct to the Academy.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of clauses in the Agents’ Code of Conduct:
- Agents are aware of EduTrust requirements, Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) policies and procedures related to International Students and the terms and conditions of study in Stalford Academy. The agent undertakes not to violate any of these laws and regulations.
- The agent shall not collect any fees from the prospective student.
- The agent undertakes to ensure that the recruitment of students is conducted, at all times, in an ethical and responsible manner which is consistent with the requirements of the relevant course or curriculum as defined in materials published by Stalford Academy.
- The agent shall ensure that all the promotional materials and advertisements contain truthful information, and do not include any misleading or malicious comments. All promotional materials and advertisements are to be approved by Stalford Academy before they are publicised.
- The agent agrees to employ appropriately qualified staff, or train all staff to assess the extent to which the applicant must meet the pre-requisites of the course for which they are applying for, based on his or her qualifications and proficiencies.
- The agent undertakes to follow the selection and enrolment procedures of Stalford Academy, and makes available all original applicant documentation to the school upon request.
- The agent agrees to ensure that all applicant information collected as part of the application and enrolment process is securely kept, and that the handling of all applicant information complies with Stalford Academy’s confidentiality and security policy.
- The agent must not contravene or fail to meet any expectation stated in the contract.
- The agent must apply principles of fair trading in recruiting students.
- Agents must not be engaged in any unethical practice such as making claims, warranties, representations or statements which may be false, untrue, ambiguous, misleading, inaccurate or fraudulent.
- Agents must be aware of relevant Singapore laws and regulations of any government agency and do not go against these laws and regulations.
- Agents must apply principles of fair trading when recruiting students and must not engage in high-pressure sales, “bait and switch” advertising or similar unfair practices.
- Agents must not be negligent, careless or incompetent such that they compromise the integrity of Stalford and Singapore’s reputation.
- Agents must follow Stalford Academy’s procedure to clarify any doubt.
Agent List dated 01/05/2020
|STATUS||COUNTRY||COMPANY NAME||CONTRACT START||CONTRACT END|
|ACTIVE||CANADA||ONE OF A KIND EDUCATION LTD.||01/09/2019||31/08/2020|
|ACTIVE||CHINA||JJL INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION EXCHANGE PROMOTION LTD.||01/11/2019||31/10/2020|
|ACTIVE||CHINA||ANHUI HUANWAI OVERSEAS STUDYING SERVICE CO., LTD||01/01/2020||31/12/2020|
|ACTIVE||CHINA||BEIJING NEW ORIENTAL VISION OVERSEAS CONSULTING CO LTD||01/09/2019||31/08/2020|
|ACTIVE||CHINA||CHENGDU HUAYING CONSULTING AND SERVICE CO., LTD||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||CHINA||EDUCATION INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION (EIC) GROUP LIMITED||01/09/2019||31/08/2020|
|ACTIVE||CHINA||HUATONG XINNUO INT’L CULTURAL EXCHANGE CENTER LIMITED||01/10/2019||30/09/2020|
|ACTIVE||CHINA||NJ ORCHID EDUCATION CONSULTING CO. LTD.||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||CHINA||SHANGHAI 360 EDUCATIONAL INVESTMENT CO., LTD||01/01/2020||31/12/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||ASIA EDUCATION HOME LLP||01/01/2020||31/12/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||ASIA LINK INTERNATIONAL SERVICES||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||BALESTIER STUDENTS’ HOSTEL (S) PTE LTD||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||BLUE MOUNTAIN CONSULTANCY PTE. LIMITED||01/01/2020||31/12/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||CS CONSULTING SERVICE||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||DEEP SMART HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||EDMUND TIE & COMPANY PROPERTY NETWORK PTE LTD||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||ETON HALL RESIDENTIAL PTE. LTD.||01/10/2019||30/09/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||G & S INTERNATIONAL GROUP(S) PTE. LTD.||01/01/2020||31/12/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||HORIZON TUITION CENTRE PTE LTD||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||JP INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANCY PTE LTD||01/12/2019||30/11/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||KS INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION PTE. LTD.||01/11/2019||31/10/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||LEZHONGDA CONSULTANCY PTE. LTD.||01/12/2019||30/11/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||RAFFLES INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SERVICE CENTRE PTE. LTD.||01/10/2019||30/09/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||RAINTREE55 PTE. LTD.||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|ACTIVE||SINGAPORE||SIN-SUCCESS INTERNATIONAL PTE. LTD.||01/07/2019||30/06/2020|
|INACTIVE||CHINA||BEIJING GOLDEN ORIENT INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION & CULTURE EXCHANGE CENTER WUHAN OFFICE||01/04/2019||31/03/2020|
|INACTIVE||SINGAPORE||158 EDUCATION PTE. LTD.||01/04/2019||31/03/2020|
|INACTIVE||SINGAPORE||ANCIENT CULTURE (S) PTE. LTD.||01/04/2019||31/03/2020|
|INACTIVE||SINGAPORE||HONG JI INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANCY PTE. LTD.||01/04/2019||31/03/2020|
|INACTIVE||SINGAPORE||INTEGRITY CONSULTANT AND SERVICES PTE. LTD.||01/04/2019||31/03/2020|
|INACTIVE||SINGAPORE||NUS INTERNATIONAL PTE LTD||01/04/2019||31/03/2020|
|INACTIVE||THAILAND||CUBRIS EDUCATION CO., LTD||01/04/2019||31/03/2020|
Stalford Academy adopts the Standard Private Education Institution-Student Contract. Download the Standard Student Contract from CPE’s website.
For students who are unable to enter Singapore due to COVID-19 border control measures but wish to attend online lessons temporarily to ensure that their learning journey is not unduly interrupted, Stalford Academy will adopt the Stalford Academy COVID-19 PEI-Student Contract.
The Application Fee of S$535.00 (inclusive of 7% GST) must be paid in full upon the submission of the application form. The Application Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. After the payment for the application is made, the school will verify that the student satisfies the entry requirements before issuing a Letter of Offer-Acceptance and Course Fees Notice to the student. The application fee will be fully refunded if the course does not commence.
Submission of Documents
Please take note of the following pointers for the submission of documents.
- All forms are to be properly filled up in legible writing. Stalford will not be responsible for any mistake in wrongly-filled forms.
- Forms that are not fully completed will not be processed. For sections that are not applicable to the applicant, please indicate with “Not Applicable” in the suitable space provided.
- All documents, certificates, and educational transcripts must be translated in English.
- All educational transcripts must be certified or notarised, and submitted together with the form.
- All forms, documents are to be submitted by hand or post to:
12 Kallang Avenue #03-12
International students should familiarize themselves with important Singapore law and regulations during their stay in Singapore.
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Regulations
All international students issued with a Student’s Pass must fulfil all the requirements stipulated below:
- A student must attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled course hours, or not be absent from the course for 7 consecutive days.
- A student should spend an average of 5 hours in the school per school day, attending classes and tutorials, participating in enrichment activities and self-studies.
- A student must not engage in any form of paid or unpaid activities that may contravene the stipulated conditions (including those stated in the Student’s Pass application form, In-Principle Approval letter and Student’s Pass card) in which a Student’s Pass is issued (e.g. illegal employment).
- A student must not remain in Singapore after the expiry date of the Student’s Pass. Stalford Academy shall inform the ICA of his/her means and the date of departure.
- A student is only permitted to attend the course after his/her Student’s Pass has been approved by the ICA.
- A student must not be retained as a student in any other College or School or course/s other than that indicated in the Student’s Pass.
- A student must surrender his/her Student’s Pass for cancellation within seven days from the date of cessation or termination of his/her studies or course/s.
Please refer to the ICA website at www.ica.gov.sg for further details of the ICA regulations.
Littering is strictly prohibited in Singapore. First-time offenders will face a fine of up to S$1,000, while repeat offenders will face a fine of up to S$2,000, in addition to Corrective Work Order (CWO). CWO mandates offenders to pick litter and clean up a public area under the scrutiny of the general public. The local media may also be invited to put such offenders in a bad light. Students are strongly advised against any act of littering.
The import, sale, and possession of chewing gum are strictly banned in Singapore. Students are strongly advised not to bring any chewing gum into the country, even if it is for their own personal consumption.
Smoking is prohibited in the majority of indoor locations in Singapore — including cinemas, air conditioned shopping malls and offices, bus interchanges and shelters, swimming pools, sports stadiums, etc. Designated smoking areas are allowed in certain premises such as eating establishments and entertainment outlets. First-time offenders face fine of up to S$1,000.
The death penalty is mandatory for those convicted of trafficking, manufacturing, importing or exporting more than 15g of heroin, 30g of morphine, 30g of cocaine, 500g of cannabis, 200g of cannabis resin and 1.2kg of opium. If you possess these quantities of drugs, you are deemed to be a trafficker and will be subjected to the death penalty. For unauthorised consumption, there is a maximum of 10 years’ jail or fine of S$20,000, or both.
Please refer to www.expatsingapore.com for more information on the above.
Please refer to www.expatsingapore.com for more information on obtaining a driving license in Singapore, along with the traffic rules and regulations.
The legal drinking age in Singapore is 18. Drinking alcohol in public places from 10.30pm to 7am has been banned since 1 April 2015. Two Liquor Control Zones in Little India and Geylang have also been established. Please refer to the following website for more details: http://www.hometeam.sg/Read more
Before embarking on your education here in Singapore, you might want to fill yourself in on some snippets of information about the city.
Singapore is often known to international visitors as ‘Garden City’ because of its clean environment and the plentiful greenery all around the island. Aside from being a Garden City, Singapore is a unique country with a melting pot of cultures, and a population made up of people of diverse cultures from different walks of life. The country is sometimes viewed as a world class city because of the mix of unparalleled elements it possesses – stable political and economic climate, comprehensive range of modern amenities, and low crime rate.
People and Multicultural Society
A multicultural society with a rich heritage, Singapore is predominantly made up of four different races – Chinese, Malays, Indians and Eurasians. This unique blend of cultures arising from the multifarious races is further augmented by the presence of expatriates from around the globe, thereby making the city one that can be truly considered cosmopolitan.
Having a fairly stable economy which has been experiencing steady growth, Singapore has been leveraging on its financial stability to gradually move towards developing itself into a financial hub on top of being a key regional trading centre. Also home to one of the world’s busiest port, the country has gradually become a sterling location for foreign investment. Its stable and fast growing economy puts the country in a decent position to reassure both its residents and international visitors of its social stability and positive economic outlook in the long run.
The temperature in Singapore varies between 24 to 35 degrees Celsius throughout the year. The year round tropical weather makes it advisable for you to wear summer clothes.
There are three main modes of transportation that will help you get around Singapore.
Mass Rapid Transit (Singapore) or SMRT in short, is the main train service provider in Singapore. It provides the local populace with a fast, reliable, safe, comfortable, and economical form of transportation to key locations all around the island – each ride may cost between S$0.80-S$1.80, depending on the length of the journey.
Another option to consider would be public bus services which are also convenient and comparable to MRT rides. Bus rides cost about S$0.60 and higher. Students (up to tertiary levels) studying in mainstream government schools can purchase special passes to enjoy concessionary rates on all public transport services (Bus and MRT).
Taxis provide a more comfortable, yet more extravagant alternative to MRT and buses. There are over 15,000 taxis in Singapore which are available 24 hours a day for booking, with rides that cost $3.00 and above. These taxis can be conveniently flagged down or hired at the many designated taxi stands at key locations.
Necessities, Facilities and Amenities
Public facilities and amenities such as shopping centres, polyclinics, places of worship are all made conveniently accessible to its population to facilitate their daily needs.
Singapore earned its well-deserved reputation as a ‘food paradise’ from the assortment of different cuisines including those of Chinese, Malay, Indian, Western, Japanese, Thai and Korea, that are commonly available locally. The general cost of a meal is between an affordable range of $2 to $5.
The telecommunication network is very advanced in Singapore, where mobile phone services, rates and subscriptions are affordable. With wireless internet access made available at all libraries and some public areas, and free short message services provided by some companies, communicating with your family members and friends has never been this affordable and convenient.Read more
There is hardly any better place than Singapore to enjoy world class education, only so, because of the immense importance and accentuation that the local government renders to it. In fact, the Singapore government spends nearly one-fifth of the annual budget each year on education related expenditure. The emphasis on the importance of education is further echoed by the local climate which promotes excellence. Such an environment may somewhat appear to be challenging at times, but there is no doubting that this rigorous education system provides a stimulating environment to push you to challenge your limits, and eventually emerge an all rounder – versatile and adaptable – ready to enter the workforce.
The Singapore education system also follows closely to that of the British, which has a robust educational qualification system that is widely accepted by education institutes worldwide. As such, students can be assured of a competitive edge against their global counterparts should they wish to pursue higher education in other student friendly countries such as the United Kingdom, Australia, or USA. Additionally, the bilingual (English and Mother Tongue) language policy put in place, places a great deal of focus on the English language which will make picking up the language a much simpler task than it appears.
As a student in Singapore, you will also be immersed in a setting of diverse cultures and rich heritage which will form a significant part of your distinctive experience here. Apart from the unique social fabric, the cosmopolitan city which is home to many expatriates and international students, will provide a dynamic and exciting backdrop to not just learn, but to also garner a global network of friends.
The fast growing economy and the mounting demand for professionals have also opened up numerous job opportunities to students studying in Singapore.
Overall, with an internationally acclaimed education system and a modern, cosmopolitan environment, students can definitely look forward to enjoying a truly rewarding and fulfilling educational and cultural experience in Singapore.Read more
International students should take note of the following and make appropriate arrangements prior to arrival, for a fuss-free entry into Singapore.
1. Documents required for Student’s Pass
All documents are to be original and translated. Students may visit www.ica.gov.sg to download the ICA Student Application Form V36 and Form 16.
- Birth Certificate (translated or notarised copy if it is not in English)
- Data Page of Passport
- 1 recent passport-sized colour photograph (plain white background, showing all facial features clearly)
- Highest Qualification Certificate and Transcripts (translated or notarised copy if it is not in English)
- Change-of-Name Deed Poll (if any, translated or notarised copy if it is not in English)
- Data Page of Passports
- Parents’ letters of employment (Letter should state date of commencement, designation and salary per month)
- Proof of financial ability, in the form of bank statements/fixed deposit accounts/savings
2. Immigration and Checkpoints Authority Regulations
All students with a Student’s Pass are to meet all of the following requirements:
- A student must attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled course hours or not be absent from the course for 7 consecutive days.
- A student should spend on average 5 hours in school per day, attending classes and tutorials, participating in enrichment activities and performing self-study.
- A student must not engage in any form of activities which may contravene the stipulated conditions (including those stated In the student’s Pass application form, In-Principle Approval letter and Student’s Pass Card) upon which a Student’s Pass is issued (e.g. illegal employment).
- A student must not remain in Singapore without the authority after the expiry of the Student’s Pass. Stalford will inform the ICA of his/her means and date of departure.
- A student is permitted to attend the course only after the approval of the Student’s Pass has been given by the ICA.
- A student must not be retained as a student in any other school(s) or course(s) other than the one indicated in the Student’s Pass.
- A student must surrender the Student’s Pass for cancellation within seven days from the date if cessation or termination of his/her studies or course(s).
3. Security Deposit
All international students are expected to pay a Security Deposit upon being granted entry into Singapore and acceptance by a Private School with 1-year EduTrust (Provisional) Award. The amount will vary according to the student’s nationality. If Security Deposit is required, it would be indicated in the IPA letter to the applicant. The amount of Security Deposit (if required) will be furnished in the form of a Banker’s Guarantee as listed in the table below.
*Form of Security Deposit
Rate Per Person
|Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China, Myanmar & India||Banker’s Guarantee from any Established Bank in Singapore||
|Indonesia, Philippines & Thailand||Banker’s Guarantee from any Established Bank in Singapore||
* Please refer to ICA’s website for more details: http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/docs/Visitor%20Services/STP_Notes1f.pdf.
Applicants are not required to furnish a Security Deposit if they are:
- Nationals from Malaysia and Brunei;
- Holders of valid Dependant’s Pass, Long Term Visit Pass and Work Pass;
- Children/Spouse of Singapore Citizens /Permanent Residents ;
- Foreign students who attend a full-time course at an approved PEO that is awarded the 4 years EduTrust Star/EduTrust status;
- Foreign students who pursue a full-time university degree (Graduate/Post-Graduate) programme, except for the University of London (UOL) tuition programme, at an approved PEO; and
- Below 16 years old at the point of application
To provide a fulfilling education experience for our students, Stalford Academy also involves itself in the provision of student support services to deliver an all-rounded learning experience. Such support services are regularly reviewed to not only upkeep the standards of service, but to also provide a conducive environment that will support and complement our students in their learning. Through the provision of student support services, the Academy aims to enhance the educational experiences of our students, while developing them holistically so that they would stand to gain a positive learning experience here with us.
Please approach the Student Affairs Manager or Student Affairs Executive for the following student support services:
ARRANGEMENTS PRIOR AND UPON ARRIVAL AND ORIENTATION (FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS)
Prior to your arrival, the Academy will assist you in arrangements such as the application of student pass, insurance, and accommodation, amongst others. Special arrangements will also be made upon your arrival, to pick you up at the Airport before sending you to your pre-arranged accommodation. To better acclimatize you to the local setting which may be new to you, the Academy will hold an orientation program to let you in on the school premises and policies, as well as the local environment and other pertinent issues to pay special attention to.
- Application Fee Payment
- FPS Escrow/Insurance Payment
- Student’s Pass Application/Renewal
- Arrival and Airport Pick-up
- Orientation programme
- General Healthcare information
MEDICAL INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR ALL STUDENTS
Stalford Academy provide Group Hospital & Surgical Insurance for all students which covers hospitalisation and related medical treatment for the entire course duration, from NTUC Income Insurance Co-op Ltd and the coverage are as stated below:
- Annual Limit of S$20,000 per student
- At Least B2 Ward in government and restructured hospitals
- 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school-related activities)
You will be given a copy of the medical insurance policy stating clearly the policy’s terms and conditions, the claim procedure, any exclusion, etc.
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Student welfare and related services are almost a priority to us here at Stalford. To ensure a smooth and unperturbed educational experience, you can approach us at the Academy for assistance regarding any matters concerning student welfare and other related services. Administrative personnel are also made available to attend to your general enquiries and to gather any feedback, complaints or suggestions that you may have.
- Pick-up from Airport
- Advise/arrange accommodations for International Students, e.g. home-stay, student hostel
- Apply/extend Social Visit Pass and Visa for parents
- Arrange Medical Check-up & Security Bond Banker’s Guarantee
- Assist in Student’s Pass application and collection
- Orientation programme for all newly-enrolled students
Health and Emergency
- Medical Insurance Coverage
- Medical insurance claims
- First aid
- Stalford Emergency Helpline (9621 5986)
Counselling and Advice
- Pastoral counselling
- Academic progression counselling
- Career guidance counselling
Applications & Renewal
- Application for leave/MC
- Application for external examinations
- Student’s Pass Renewal
- Issue Letter of Certification
- Issue Certificate of Completion
General Queries, Requests and Feedback
- Course fees queries and refund request
- Course transfer and withdrawal request
- Feedback and complaints
PERSONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Beyond academics, the Academy is truly concerned about your personal growth and development during your time here with us, as part of our promise to you regarding the holistic learning experience that you stand to gain. We understand that the learning process may sometimes not be all that smooth, so academic and pastoral counselling services are made available to you should you wish for assistance to discuss personal problems or academic pursuits.
• Academic Counselling
• Student Welfare Support Hotline
• Pastoral Counselling
For students 16 years and below, the Stalford Academy will notify the parent/guardian whenever the student is absent from school or is on medical leave.
The Student Handbook is an informative guide compiled to provide the Academy’s students with the up-to-date concise information and guidelines to assist students in their general understanding of the school’s existing facilities, services, procedures, policies and rules, and the Singapore experience (for international students). Students are expected to possess a sound understanding of the relevant and important requirements that should be adhered to facilitate their planning of goals towards their academic pursuits.
STALFORD EMERGENCY HELPLINE
The student help line has been set up for students who are in need of assistance to seek advice and guidance for any personal issues, difficulties and concerns that they may face and cannot handle on their own. Advice can be sought from any of the senior staff through the helpline.
Personnel in charge: Student Affairs Manager
Stalford Emergency Helpline: (65) 9621 5986
FIVE SIMPLE REASONS
Trusted Management Team
Stalford Academy inherited its management team from Stalford Learning Centre which has longstanding experience in the local education industry. Stalford Learning Centre has stood in the management’s good stead for nearly 17 years, during which the Centre has steered towards tremendous growth to a current chain of more than 15 centres all around Singapore. This same group of experienced management team helming the Academy would be a positive force to the Academy and likely propel it to success.
Committed Academic Team
The success of students is often said to be very much dependent on their teachers. At Stalford Academy, a faculty of teaching staff committed to the Academy’s pedagogy has been engaged to impart academic knowledge and other related skills to our students. The faculty comprises experienced former school teachers, former JC lecturers and local textbook and assessment book authors, with an optimal average teacher to student ratio of less than 1:25 (1:40 for ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level courses) which serves to provide our students with the required undivided attention for optimization of their learning experiences.
Since its inception, Stalford Academy has a track record of guiding our students towards their academic goals. Some of our *A-Level graduates have successfully advanced to the local universities NUS, NTU and SMU. We also have **O-Level graduates progressing on to junior colleges, polytechnics and NUS High. A number of our students from our Preparatory Course for Admission to Government Schools have also been admitted into government primary and secondary schools after passing the AEIS and S-AEIS. To see what our students have to say, please click here: *A-LEVEL, **O-LEVEL, ***PRI/SEC, ****GENERAL ENGLISH.
*A-LEVEL refers to Preparatory Course for Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination
**O-LEVEL refers to Preparatory Course for Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) Examination
***PRI/SEC refers to Preparatory Course for Admission to Government Schools
****GENERAL ENGLISH refers to Certificate in General English
Stalford Academy developed a holistic pedagogy that seeks to bring out the best in our students by developing them as an all-rounder in academics and life skills, both of which are essential for thriving in the working world. Our curriculum is carefully designed for ease of understanding and relating of knowledge learnt across fields and to real life issues. Students can then develop their critical thinking skills and become adaptable and flexible individuals—important skills for the 21st century. We not only listen to their learning needs, but also tailor our programs for the most optimal outcome while ensuring their welfare.
As a private education provider, Stalford Academy has achieved the mandatory Enhanced Registration Framework (ERF) as well as the EduTrust Certification, which is a quality and differentiation framework that recognizes outstanding private education providers locally who are committed to providing superior programs and academic systems.Read more